Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maximize the Joy Minimize the Pain

I was able to take 7 days out of my summer to drive across country. Just me and my rental Honda Accord. One of the things, I love about traveling is that it really expands my view. Having the ability just to chat with random strangers and see different areas takes me out of my day to day life and day to day problems. It makes me realize every person has a story, with worries and traumas and people they love and people they hurt and they are all trying to do the best they can with what they have (I love that phrase) and it certainly makes my problems and worries seem less gigantic. Because really we are all just trying to figure it out--trying to be good people and minimize the pain and maximize the joys of life.
blog comments powered by Disqus