Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Live Happier Tip: Drink Water




Last week I ran into a friend of mine who has attended a few of my seminars.  She said she had been reading my blog and had noticed that I hadn't put up her favorite tip of mine--drink water.  I was a little shocked because to me this tip seems pretty boring.  But I admit that frequently people share that this tip has really helped them feel better and live happier.  So I decided to include it as this week's live happier tip:  Drink Water.

There is much debate about how much water we should drink--I know you have seen those giant containers that hold 64oz of water because we are suppose to drink 8-8oz glasses of water.  However, as with most things it is my belief that we just need to listen to our bodies.  I personally--drink more than 64 oz of water a day.  Water just makes me feel better. I know when my head gets fuzzy, I feel tired/sluggish, I am hungry usually I just need water.  I wake up every morning and drink a large glass of water and I immediately feel more awake.  It has been said that most of us walk around dehydrated because we aren't drinking enough water--we think we are hungry or tired when really we are just thirsty.

As with any new addition to our lives--we need to establish rituals around it.  So maybe if you aren't a water drinker you need to make a ritual that you will drink a large glass of water before every meal or every morning you will drink water before your cup of coffee.  As you start adding times to drink water into your life--pay attention to how your body feels before and after you take a drink. I guarantee you will feel better.

Make it fun--drink it out of a fancy glass, or add flavoring like a lemon or crystal light or mint. Most importantly pay attention to the beauty of water--to how your body feels when you add this easy, economical gift to your life. I guarantee you will live happier.
blog comments powered by Disqus