Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wondering Wednesday: What Would You Do Differently, if you Knew No One Would Judge you?

Hard to believe it is time for yet another installment of Wondering Wednesday.  Today's question is a going to be fun:  What would you do differently, if you knew nobody would judge you?  

 I admit, this one even gave me pause to say, 'hmm'.  It is a complex question--I think the hardest part in formulating an answer is separating your judgement from other people's.  So often, we incorporate others judgements into our own psyche.   OR we put our own judgements of ourself onto other people.  For example, we tend to assume that other people see us as overweight or unorganized, when in reality that is how we see ourselves.  So this is an interesting slant on what would YOU do if you would have total support.  The other challenging part of this question is the inevitable follow-up to your answer, so why aren't you doing it?

For example, one of my answers would be to get a tattoo.  I know many of those close to me (especially my family) would be like what are you doing to your body?  But in reality, they would love me regardless of my tattoo (after a little ridiculing).  Bottom line I am scared to get a tattoo, scared of the pain, the permanency, the sagging and wearing as I get older.  It is me who is scared of the tattoo process and when I am honest with myself THAT is what is holding me back.  But it is safer to blame others, to blame my fear of judgement rather than to admit that it is my own fear.  

But today, we are just asking what would you do--the why aren't you doing it? part is for another Wondering Wednesday.  Just for today, ask yourself the question--what would you do differently, if you knew no one would judge you?  And stop your judgments there. I promise will come back to the inevitable second part later, maybe even next Wednesday.....

What would you do differently, if you knew no one would judge you?   Feel free to share it in the comments section below--I'll go first!

Thanks to CarbonNYC for the wonderful 'wagging of the finger' picture.

Wanting to fight through the judgement on your dreams (real or imagined)-I can help.  Click here to schedule your free 20 minute Get to Know you Session where we can talk on the phone and start facing your fears and allowing you to live happier!!  Not in Columbus--no worries I also work via phone and Skype!!


blog comments powered by Disqus