Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Live Happier Moments


Last week, I had an Open House for the So, What Comes Next Course.  One of the 'challenges' I presented to the participants was to share a Live Happier Moment so I could make a photo collage of them.  If you are a regular reader you know back in October we had the Live Happier Daily Challenge and I thought now that we are heading in the midst of the holidays it is an important time to be reminded of Living Happier Moments.

This time of year it is easy to get caught up the holiday hullabaloo: finding the perfect gift, endless lines, decorating, family drama and the never ending to-do lists.  It is easy to forget the actual point of the holidays: love, generosity, peace and joy.

As much as we are surrounded by stress and to do lists this time of year...we are also surrounded by joy, peace and happiness...we just have to NOTICE it.

So I am challenging you to notice your Live Happier Moments and share them in the comments section below OR on my Facebook page.   These moments can be small and simple or large and complex.

Watch the slide show above to get inspired or check out my list below from this morning:
  • Knowing as soon as I sit down at my computer...my cat will be soon to follow to take her dutiful spot between the keyboard and the screen.
  • Looking out my window and seeing nature, squirrels dashing about not giving a care about holidays or gifts or drama.
  • Getting holiday cards in the mail.
  • Waking up to a quiet house and having my familiar morning rituals. (coffee, dog loving, cat loving, paper reading and quiet time)
  • Finding Depak Chopra's 21 day meditation program (a little late) but starting it this morning and having it radically alter my day. (I highly recommend it)
  • Talking to my mom who helps keep me sane. 
What about you what are some Live Happier Moments you have had over the past few days?  In the midst of the holiday craziness what have you noticed, enjoyed, paused for, or smiled about?

A BIG shout out to everyone who attended the So, What Comes Next Open house and those who participated in the Live Happier Moments Slide Show--Thank you for all your love and support!
blog comments powered by Disqus