Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Feeling the Fear and Doing it Anyway

I have a love hate relationship with quotes. I love quotes and I post a lot of quotes on my Facebook page because in an instant you can be inspired and say hell yeah I am going to do that. I hate quotes (or dislike them hate is such a strong word) because quotes while being inspirational make it look a lot easier then it is.  They make you say hell yeah they inspire you for an instant and then you go back to life as normal.

Take the quote:
“Life Begins at the End Of your Comfort Zone"--Anoymous

Hell yeah, that is very true but do you know how hard it is to go past your comfort zone? To really go after your dreams?  What a lot of these quotes miss is the reality of it all...it is hard, and scary AND when you get there it is amazing!!

I would not be here if I didn't practice what I preach. Today I am pulling back the curtain for a bit.  Over the past few months, I have conquered a huge dream of mine.  I wrote a book and designed a course that encapsulates my philosophy on figuring out what comes next in your life and how to go after it.

This process is 5 years in the making. No, I haven't been writing the course for 5 years I have been THINKING about writing this course for 5 years. Honestly, I have been listening to my Fear Mongers and letting them keep me stuck.  And then this summer I finally stopped letting my mongers control me. The pain of not going after the dream was greater then the fear of going after the dream and potentially failing.

So this past weekend, as I finished up my course, I realized it is far easier to start a dream then to finish it.  I have many half finished courses that I have started over the past 5 years. But this weekend, I practiced everything I preach. Designing the dream, Facing Fear Mongers and putting one step in front of the other.  I know now more than ever this stuff really works! We can either sit in our couches reading quotes and saying hell yeah! Or we can take the risk, get off the couch and face the fear!  And from experience I can say it is 1,000 times better to risk potential failure then stay safely on your couch.

This quote says is VERY well.
“Be willing to be uncomfortable. Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it’s a small price to pay for living a dream.” –  Peter McWilliams
And here it is my dream my course--So, What Comes Next?. It goes on sale tomorrow (Wednesday) and it will help YOU figure out what comes next in your life-- what your dream is and how to go after it.  Here's to being scared and doing it anyway. Here's to Living Happier.
blog comments powered by Disqus